Our programming goals for Charmed! 2018 are quality and depth. You can expect to see some changes in this year’s schedule:
- Longer classes — Our standard class length is now an hour and a quarter (75 minutes). With that additional time, presenters will be able to go into extra depth on their topics.
- More time between classes — Some of our attendees told us that they felt rushed with the short interval between classes in the past, and we listened. We are allowing a full 15 minutes between classes, so you can get from one to the next and still have time to chat people up or use the restroom. We are also starting classes later (10am) and finishing earlier (5:30pm), so you’ll have more time to relax and enjoy all the other aspects of being at a hypnosis con.
- Quality over Quantity — Obviously having longer classes with more time between them means there will be fewer classes overall. As a result, we are going to have to make some hard choices about which classes we schedule. There may only be one class on some topics, but when that happens we’ll make sure it’s a great class. Your feedback from Charmed! 2017 will be an instrumental part of that process.
Of course, some things will not change. We will still offer a mixture of nationally-known, local, and new presenters and as wide a variety of topics as we can. And the traditional half-day of pure UnConference learning will absolutely continue.
Presenting at Charmed! 2018
We are working hard to improve the experience we offer to presenters for Charmed! 2018. All presenters will need to send in an application and a list of classes they would like to offer. From that list of classes and presenters, we will select the best mix for Charmed! 2018.
Presenters at Charmed! 2018 will receive these benefits:
- A coupon code for free registration to the event
- Access to the demo bottom pool if you need it (this was a request from presenters last year, and we’re making it happen)
- Free use of the presenters’ vendor table during vending hours
- A personal, detailed report of attendee feedback on your classes
- A surprise thank-you gift from the Charmed! board. At this time, we can neither confirm nor deny rumors that the gift might be handmade by Wiseguy.
Not everyone who applies to present will be accepted, and not every class that is offered will be put on the schedule. We’re hoping you’ll send us your best ideas and make the choices very, very hard for us!
Application and proposal deadline is October 31, 2017
Please note that:
- Not everyone who applies to present can be accepted
- Not every class that gets proposed can be scheduled
- You will receive an email confirmation of each form response; save that email because you can use the link it contains to edit your responses
- Because we have a limited budget for presenter compensation, co-presenters and roundtable moderators are not eligible for the full presenter benefits; you have to be the listed presenter in at least two classes to qualify. (Copresenters and roundtable moderators will be able to use the presenters’ vending table and demo bottom pool, and will receive feedback reports on their classes.)
- You can submit as many class proposals as you wish; we will not schedule you for more than the maximum class load you provide in your presenter application.
- Accepted presenters will be notified by email no later than November 21, 2017
- If you apply to present and are not accepted, you will receive a discount code so that you can still register for Charmed! 2018 at the Early Bird price.
Ready to Apply?
Click this button to complete the presenter application:Apply to Present at Charmed! 2018
… and this one to propose classes:Propose a class for Charmed! 2018
(Note: The class proposal form requires you to select your presenter name from a drop-down; it might take up to an hour after you submit your presenter application for your name to appear in the class proposal form.)